Jen at Beantown Baker is our host for this month's What's Baking?
She picked the awesome theme of SPRINKLES! I think with Spring acting more like Winter so far everyone needs this little burst of color in their life!
I actually add some leftover cake mix from making this dip and decided that these cookies would be a great way to use it up!
Cole LOVED these cookies and kept asking for more yellow cookies. They were gone at our house within 48 hours of being made. I was actually surprised that my sister didn't care for them as much as I thought she would have because she loves anything cake batter.
I did find that these cookies were a little dry when I mixed them together and would recommend decreasing the amount of flour used that was in the original recipe.
Cake Batter Pudding Cookies
recipe adapted from this recipe at Chef In Training
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix, dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugars together.
- Add in vanilla pudding and cake mix and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
- Mix in sprinkles. (I used 2 sides of one of the 6 sided sprinkles containers.)
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.