This time for Secret Recipe Club I got to "meet" Manuela from Manu's Menu. Manuela is originally from Italy but is now living in Australia with her family. (She also has 2 adorable little girls!) Her blog is focused on providing the "real thing" of Italian cooking- which just fascinates me! She also has some recipes for gorgeous Macarons on her site! One section of her blog is called Manu's Menu in your Kitchen. Manu has posted where other people have made her recipes and posted them on her site! I loved, loved, loved this section!
This cake Manuela describes as one her favorite so I really tried to stay with the measurements that are listed in the original recipe. Be sure not the throw away that Yogurt cup after you dump the yogurt into your bowl because that is your measuring cup for this cake! Manuela says in her recipe that her yogurt cup is about 150 ml and here in states our yogurt is about 177 ml. Since the entire cake is measured with the yogurt cup, I just stuck with 6 oz. cup and used greek yogurt.
I also made a glaze for the cake instead of just dusting with confectioners sugar.Another change I made to my recipe was making it in a bundt pan as I do not own a springform pan. I've always had a love for bundt cakes and now I have another quick cake to make!
Be sure to check out all of the other great finds for this week's reveal of Secret Recipe Club!!
adapted from this recipe at Manuela's Menu
*** YC is short for Yogurt Cup-- use your yogurt cup as your measuring cup!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric hand mixer combine the yogurt, all purpose flour, self rising flour, caster sugar, eggs, milk, baking powder, and oil.
- Grease a standard bundt pan with butter (or non-stick spray) and pour the cake batter in it.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ( Do not open the oven before 30 minutes have passed or the cake will not rise.)
- Let it cool and then sprinkle the top with icing sugar.