For this cooking swap, it was blogger's choice. I was assigned the fabulous blog, Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations. It was a blast trying to decide what to make mainly because there were so many great options!
Then I let the kids decide. And of course, like normal kids were completely split.
Ultimately, my sister's decision won out!
The muffins were very easy to put together and very easily satisfied our cinnamon roll craving!
My big guy LOVES cinnamon rolls. We even had Hershey Cinnamon Rolls by Pillsbury (pillsbury has no clue who I am just saying we bought it!) on Sunday morning.
Even though he said he didn't want to help he ended up helping!! Love this guy! I also know to enjoy these moments because they don't happen often.
Cinnamon Roll Muffins
adapted from this recipe at Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups flour plus 1/2 cup flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tbsp. butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
** For icing
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk or water
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk the 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking soda, salt and flour together in a bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add into flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Take the 1/2 cup of flour and spread onto clean rolling surface.
- Knead dough for 2 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12x12 rectangle.
- Combine mixture for filling.
- Spread filling mixture onto dough.
- Roll the dough into a log beginning with the wide side. Stretch slightly.
- Cut into two-inch pieces and put these pieces into greased muffin tins or cupcake liners.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and drizzle with glaze.