When I started making these cookies, my family essentially thought I was crazy.
But when these babies came out of the oven, they quickly learned to trust me!!
We made about 9 different kinds of cookies on an all day baking spree last Saturday and this cookie is the one cookie that is already gone. And has been gone for a few days. Yes, we did make a few cookie platters with them but we ate the majority of them and I am already planning on making another batch next week.
The almond flavor is really pronounced and while many people I gave these to said they didn't like almond, they changed their mind after they tasted the cookie. The cookie is almost like a small little pillow of goodness!
Be sure to bake them up this Holiday Season!!
Almond Cream Cheese Crinkles
adapted from this recipe at Plain Chicken
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. almond extract
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, almond extract, cream cheese and butter in a mixer (or with a hand held mixer.)
- Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll each cookie ball in powdered sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- The tops will look under cooked, but the bottoms will be golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.