This month for What's Baking, our theme is Sweet Potato or Pumpkin.
Perfect theme for the month of October! Our hostess this month is Eva from Eva Bakes.
I'm the type of person that always wants a new pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving so this gave me the chance to try something new before then!
Everyone loved this but mom!
I know I will be trying some other new pumpkin recipes soon too though.
For me, it was the best of both worlds. It had a pumpkin pie flavor and texture on bottom and then crunch on top! Finish it with some vanilla ice cream to make it even better!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
recipe adapted from this recipe at Cookies and Cups
1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers (or pecans)
1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Pour into a well greased 9x13 pan.
5. Sprinkle the entire box of yellow cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.
6. Follow by adding the graham crackers (or nuts) and toffee chips.
7. Pour melted butter evenly on top of cake mix.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.