As soon as I saw my friend Cindy's posting of these cookies, I knew they HAD to be the next cookie I made. These bars did NOT disappoint and were perfect after a long day of work. Hello Dollie cookies are one of my favorites and I don't know why it took me so long to make a variation of them.
These are like a typical Seven Layer (or Magic Cookie or Hello Dollie) Cookie. You take a layer of graham cracker crust, coconut, nuts of choice, 2 kinds of chips, and then you add in craisins. (Coley helped me with this one and thought craisins were funny. He kept eating them out of the pan after we added that layer!)
It has taken me forever to find Cinnamon Chips. A few companies (Hershey's and King Arthur Flour) make them and only one grocery store here sells them. I probably screamed in the aisle when I saw them! Not only that it is a local grocery store! I've never seen them at a Wal-Mart or Kroger!
A big Thank you To Brenda of Meal Planning Magic for hosting these 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats! There is still time to join as well!!!
Cinnamon Seven Layer Bars
adapted from this recipe at Everyday Insanity
6 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3 tbsp. sugar
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. cinnamon chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. coconut (I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup nuts ( I used walnuts-- you can use whatever you have on hand!)
1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand milk (or Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and mix together with sugar and graham cracker crumbs and press into a 9x9 pan. (I have heard of some people doing this in a 9x13 but they turn out really thin.)
- Layer coconut, nuts, cinnmon chips,craisins, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk on top of layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.