Time for another Secret Recipe Club!!
This month I had the fun blog of Cookin' with Moxie! Jamie is behind this blog and is the oldest child of huge Italian family from Long Island. She now lives in Boston but truly feels that some of the best memories comes out of the kitchen! (And I couldn't agree more!!)
It's always a hard decision on deciding what to make but this month was especially hard! It's almost football time and I really wanted to make this Loaded Baked Potato Dip but ultimately my sweet tooth won and I decided on these cupcakes.
Just like Jamie I share of love of peppermint patties. In fact, growing up peppermint patties could always be found in my Grammie's freezer and were such a yummy treat.!
These cupcakes are actually from the Martha Stewart Cupcakes Cookbook, which is probably one of my favorite cookbooks! Instead of channeling my inner Martha though I channeled my inner Sandra Lee just because of the lack of time I have had in the kitchen lately.
Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes
adapted from this recipe at Cookin' with Moxie
1 box of brownie mix (enough for 8 by 8 pan)
12 small peppermint patties
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make brownie mix according to package directions.
- In a 12 cup muffin pan (or 2 six cup), grease wells with nonstick spray.
- Place one tablespoon of brownie mix into each muffin cup.
- Place unwrapped peppermint patty on top of brownie mix.
- Add one tablespoon of brownie mix to top peppermint patty.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. (I always wait until I smell them to test to see if they are done!)
- Let cool for 30 minutes.