You know sometimes I feel really sorry for my family. I say this because I almost always want to make something new for dinner vs. having something normal like spaghetti or tacos. I am also the type of person that if I see something I want to make, I almost immediately put those things on a grocery list and set out to make them. :) It drives my husband crazy.
Great example would be these sandwiches. I knew I wanted the new Kings Hawaiian Buns to go with them. Not the little rolls, the buns. Well, 3 stores later I find said buns only to see that it will cost around $6 for the at least six that I need. Oh well. I really wanted them so we got them. I would have to say that I also like the rolls better. The buns seemed to be a little dry. My grandmother even served them over the weekend with her famous BBQ Chicken Sandwiches and they seemed dry then too. (This is not sponsored or affiliated with Kings Hawaiian just a story!)
Anyway, some of my friends in an online group kept raving and raving about this sandwich and it definitely should be raved about! Super Simple and a great dinner!
Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
recipe adapted from this recipe at So Tasty, So Yummy
2 large boneless skinless breast of chicken
1 can pineapple slices (rings)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Sliced Cheese (provolone or monterrey jack would be great choices!)
- Pound out the chicken breast and slice each breast into two pieces.
- Combine the juice from the pineapple can, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Marinate the chicken 4 hours or overnight in the the juice mixture.
- Prepare your grill.
- Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Add the cheese with about 3 minutes left.
- While the chicken is grilling, add the pineapple rings halfway through, turning once.
- Serve on buns with two pineapple rings per sandwich.