I'm the type of person that normally burns grilled cheese sandwiches.
There is a new cooking challenge I am joining and it is Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge. This month the crazy challenge was to find a grilled cheese sandwich from another blogger and make it! Sounds fun right!
I'm the type of person that ALWAYS burns grilled cheese sandwiches. SO, I was really afraid of what might happen when going to make this sandwich!
As a southern girl, I love all things pimento cheese and how could you go wrong with BACON! This Sandwich was definitely not for the faint of heart! It was fabulous!
I think the first thing you have to do is start out with a good piece of bread and I used Sourdough. The next thing is butter. Real butter. Then you have to have some good cheese. Even though there is pimento cheese already in the sandwich I went ahead and added a piece of Colby cheese for some action cheese action.
Grilled Pimento Cheese with Bacon Sandwich
adapted from this recipe at Evil Shenanigans
8 slices of bread, good quality
4 slices of bacon, cooked and split in half
4 slices of colby cheese
- Prepare the sandwiches by heating a heavy skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Place eight slices of the bread butter side down and divide the spread evenly among them.
- Spread the pimento cheese evenly over the bread and then place two bacon halves on the cheese.
- Top with a piece of colby cheese on top of the bacon.
- Top with a bread slice, buttered side up.
- Place the sandwiches into the hot pan and grill until the bread is golden brown, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Carefully flip the sandwich and griddle for 1 minute more, or until the second side is golden. (The pimento cheese melts fast so keep an eye on it. )
- Allow the sandwiches to cool for a few minutes before serving.