It's always fun to be better at something in the kitchen than he is. There are very few things I can say that about.
We always celebrate most holidays early. Like Mother's Day we celebrated it today. I got yellow flowers from my boys! My husband always has to work on holidays so we celebrate in our own way.
That's what you do to make it work!
I hope that you all find a wonderful way to celebrate your Mother's this upcoming weekend.
recipe adapted from this recipe at Plain Chicken
2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up (or other carbonated beverage -- I've found Sprite doesn't work)
1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. This will make a very soft dough.
- Sprinkle flour on board or table and pat dough out.
- Cut Biscuits with biscuit cutter or a glass.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.
- Place biscuits in the pan with the melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.