If your house is anything like my house, Easter means an explosion of candy!
Which means trying to use up that candy in fun ways!
We have Peeps left in every single color (except maybe orange!) and this was a perfect and fun way to eat them as well!
These cookies only require 2 ingredients -- unless you want to make some homemade cookie dough!
The cookies are ginormous! and be prepared for melting Peeps! But they are sooooo worth it!!
Peep Stuffed Cookies
recipe adapted from this recipe at Keep it Sweet
Cookie dough, chilled
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place a large scoop of cookie dough on parchment paper and press down to flatten.
- Place a peep on top of the cookie dough.
- Top with another large scoop of cookie dough and use your hands to mold the dough around the peep, making sure the Peep is completely covered with dough. (It will look almost like a softball!)
- Repeat process with six cookie dough balls on each sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool before serving.