I have been making these rollups for a while but for some reason have never blogged about them!
While they are not a true lasagna they do use all of the same elements and is a little bit more friendly! These are not as time consuming either!
I've made different variations of these as well but this recipe is the one I make the most! I actually froze the one I took pictures of so that is why there is no cheese on top!
This would make a great meatless meal for those of us celebrating Lent!
Spinach Lasagna Rollups
recipe adapted from this recipe at Skinny Taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Ladle about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with mozzarella cheese. (If making into a freezer dish, stop at this point and let dish cool and don't add cheese on top.)
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts.