Now that we are in the Season of Lent, Fish dishes are definitely I want to see more of. I know that there are tons of ways of preparing fish but I want something that is going to be good! G.O.O.D!
I saw this recipe for Salmon Packets and thought how could I take it up a notch. I remembered seeing on Rachel Ray's Week in a Day (on Cooking Channel!) that she had buttered and roasted some panko and put it on top of Mac and Cheese. Well, dear ones. I am a Southern Girl through and through.
(Just ask my brother-in-law David, who lives in New York. I told him yesterday that my Southern Belle butt does not cross the Mason Dixon line- I then told my husband this and he said well It's not true you've been up north before just not to see him-- which we definitely should do, because we haven't seen them since we got married 4 years ago!) Which means that Mac and Cheese doesn't get a topping on it!
We LOVED this dish and I think it would good with chicken as well!
Baked Pesto Salmon
recipe adapted from this recipe at Kalyn's Kitchen
Per Person you are serving:
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Salmon Filet
1 tsp. Pesto (I found some at Aldi)
1 Roma tomato
3 tsp. Panko
1 tsp. butter, melted
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Take the Salmon Filet and season with salt and pepper.
- Top Salmon with Pesto.
- Cut tomato into slices and place on top of Salmon.
- Mix together Panko and melted butter.
- Place Panko mixture on top of Salmon
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until fish is to desired temperature. (I say this because someone people like their fish more done than others do. When you press on it, it should bounce back!)