Once upon a time, there was this little sandwich shop called Ham-N-Goody's and they had the BEST cookies in the whole wide world.
They were about a mile from my house and on my way home from school after picking up my sister from school we would stop and pick up these delicious cookies.
While these didn't quite match the ones we remembered, they were still pretty good! Ham-n-Goody's had two cookies that they were famous for, Lemon and Almond. They no longer even make the almond. Boo. This was one of the first things I think I ever pinned on Pinterest and I had totally forgot about them until my Lemon hankering decided to take over!
I didn't make the cookies thick enough and I think that was my problem but they were still good cookies!
Don't forget about my Blogiversary giveaway!! It ends Saturday!!
Lemon Iced Cookies from Ham-n-Goody's
recipe adapted from this recipe at Group Recipes
- 3 cups all purpose flourshopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice plus 2 tbsp. for glaze
- 1 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda into large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and lemon juice to sugar mixture.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- On floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut cookies out.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice together.