Did you know that December is National Brownie Month?
I love brownies and normally make a boxed brownie (like these babies!) but our hostess, Nicole, wanted us to go beyond the box and make a homemade brownie. I had a recipe that I had used previously with these brownies but had another saved that I had been wanting to try!
I'm definitely a purist when it comes to brownies. I love just the chocolately goodness that brownies can give!
My favorite thing to do is make hot fudge sauce and have brownie sundaes!
Be sure to visit Nicole tomorrow for the brownie round up!!
The Best Ever Brownies
recipe adapted from this recipe at Joyful Momma's Kitchen
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey Special Dark)
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter and cocoa. Mix well
4. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix well
5. Add eggs. One at a time and mix well each time in between eggs.
6. Add flour. Mix well
7. Gently stir in chocolate chips
8. Bake 30-35 min until the edges pull away slightly from the pan and center is done. Enjoy!