I honestly think that every Sunday I have the same routine. I get up. Walk into the kitchen and then figure out what cool or new thing I am going to make for breakfast. I really don't know how I found this recipe but it was a great breakfast and would be a great dessert too!
While I am not a big fan of pie fillings, my mom is so she had multiple cans and luckily this uses 2 cans of pie filling. This would probably be really good with some of the other fillings that are out like cherry or blueberry.
I loved how easily this came together and then poof was in the oven! I didn't add the confectioner's sugar that was called for because I thought it was sweet enough but feel free to add if you want!
- Oven Baked Apple Pancake
- recipe adapted from this recipe on Food Network
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, warm the apple pie filling, butter, and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until well beaten and frothy. Add the milk, flour, sour cream, lemon zest, and salt. Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Pour over the hot apple mixture in the skillet, and immediately put the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up and golden brown.
- Lightly dust the pancake with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm.
Linked to Mouthwatering Monday at Southern Fairytale