Caramels are my ultimate all time indulgence. Thanks to Pinterest, I now have the easiest version EVER.
Caramels have a special place because the nickname my family calls me is Cara-melle.
If something has caramel in it, you can guarantee I am going to get it.
Add in a little sea salt and you have the best treat!
I was truly impressed by the flavor of these caramels and at how quickly they came together. I'm so happy I tried them and can't wait to make them again!
Microwave Sea Salt Caramels
adapted from this recipe at Food.com
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk1 tsp. sea salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Once mixture is cooked, stir and pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of caramel and let cool.
- Cut, wrap in wax paper & store in air tight container.